New directions for home appliances
Our home appliances are advancing at a faster pace than we ever expected.
When looking at home appliances, COVID19 has triggered a great deal of change in consumers’ preferences and much faster adoption of new innovations in the area of smart technology, new sustainable materials, engagement in virtual events and last but definitely not least – a huge home cooking and baking renaissance.
Major appliance brands have taken note of the increased time spent in the kitchen with mission-driven innovation. Among these changes are accessibility, to make sure appliances cater to consumers with limited mobility; sustainability, to lessen our collective carbon footprint; and professional-style ranges, cooktops, and ventilation – to help all of us cook at home like a pro.
Without a doubt, new home/kitchen appliance need to add or highlight features related to –
- Health and Hygiene
- Sustainability – ‘saving the planet’
- Smart home control platforms, with useful and not just gimmicky Apps
- Voice control
- Data storage (personal preferences, favourite dishes/beverages)
- Low tolerance to breakdowns
Also, manufacturers need to strongly address key issues, such as –
- Learning to sell ‘Not Features’ – but more ‘Values’ of an appliance.
- Selling ‘Experience’ to consumers – translating the appliance’s offer to a true consumer experience.
- Innovating in Omnichannel sales – smart home stores, super creative pop-up stores, VR shopping – all synchronized and offering consistent and coherent brand engagement.
How can we help?
Understanding how consumers have changed due to COVID-19 can provide businesses with better use of resources and more intelligent targeting, more impactful messaging content and tonality, and leverage competitive advantage.
At ADK Insights, we continue to monitor emerging global consumer trends and translate their impact by providing insights to help businesses future-proof their innovation.