Customer segmentation is the art and science of creating clearly identifiable clusters of people who share similar beliefs, needs, motivations or other characteristics. Why is it so important?
Our insight driven segmentation enables brands to define a more accurate marketing mix and refine messaging that resonates more powerfully with their most influential or valuable customers. This means more focus, better use of resources by intelligent targeting and ultimately real competitive advantage.
We use segmentation to make sense of the complexity of markets and consumer behaviours. We generate rich and actionable insights to speak directly to the issues that matter most to high potential consumers and customers.
Our approach to segmentation takes into account important factors such as:
- Identifying clear statements about attitudes, personal preferences, problem solving approaches and self-perception
- Enriching the context with preferences, interests, lifestyle, hobbies and culture
- Avoiding statements that result in too much consensus (polarisation is key!)
- Communicating with language that is accessible and familiar to consumers (no manufacturers’ jargons)
- Validating respondents’ profiles & cleaning data comprehensively.
We bring the clusters to life through well-articulated profile portraits and work with clients to translate these ideas into the marketing communications planning cycle.
If you’d like to find out more about our experience in segmentation, contact Rob.